Saturday, July 11, 2009

moRal of the stoRy : love yoUrseLf

If you are one of those people (again, i talk as if i have followers...........and i do not.. but its fun, so i'm going to keep doing it) who reads the back cover of a book rather than actually reading the book, I'll give you a quick fix on the whole love yourself idea. Purchase these beautiful miss dioR pumps soLd at the one and onLy saks fifth avenue. Pair theSe with yoUr go to little black dreSs and some jewelry with turqoise accents and yoU will be breaking necks everywhere you go. I mean lets be serious, how incredibly easy is it to love yourself in miss dior patent leather pumps?

Now for the reSt of yoU. . .



First of all, can we talk about how eaSy it is to blog when nobody is reading it? Its like my own little private world and i'm the queen of everything. Being the queen of everything would make my little girl dreams come true and I think that is why I enjoy giving advice so much. It is almost like i'm giving orders as the queen of everything except better because i like to tell myself these orders aka advice actually are for the better of mankind. Okay, giving advice is nothing like being the queen of everything but i had to attempt to tie that thought in somewhere. My point is:I find myself constantly giving advice about relationships. i'm sure you all know that when relationships are good, they're really good. But when they are bad, they are worse than a Christian Louboutin sale that you didn't know about until it was over. Thats right, when relationships are bad, they are effing awful. These are the times I most often find myself advising my girlfriends through over and over. Each time I give them advice, I get the same response: "Oh, I can't do that. He'll never talk to me ever again." By their recurring response, you would think that I am telling them to put on their go to dress, take a shot of tequila, and kiss their boyfriend's best friend right in front of his face. Thats a good idea, but what I actually advise my girls to do is to stand up for themselves. Why is it so hard to tell the person you "love" that you are sick of being treated like a mindless pawn and want to be treated like the queen of everything, like you deserve? The answer to this question is simple: lack of confidence inducing fear. All my friends are afraid to lose their lover. This is very dangerous territory because that's when you act out of fear more often than out of love in your relationship. Everything is justified by a variation of this saying: "oh, i don't want to lose him so let me do this even though i don't want to." Shouldn't you be thinking more along the lines of "I really don't feel like doing this, but because I love him I think i can suck it up."? Plain and simple: don't be such a wussy and either love him or get the heck out.
Back to my answer to the what seems like a simple question above: lack of confidence inducing fear. If you don't have confidence in yourself, you are asking for an awful relationship on a golden platter. A shiney, gold platter. If you don't love yourself, why would anybody else? If you don't look out for yourself, whose going to? Your boyfriend? Er, wrong. Fail. Get to the back of the line. Relationships are hard as it is, don't make it even harder by trying to develop a relationship with yourself through your relationship with your lover unless you enjoy grinding your teeth and high blood prAdd Videoessure. This is not an exaggeration. I have seen girls loose insane amounts of weight, gain insane amounts of weight, go into crazy weird depressions, and start eating their hair because they lost "themselves" when they lost their boyfriend. WRONG. do not pass Go and do not collect 200 dollars. I have much more to say about this topic, but life calls so i will end with a quote by the one and only Carrie Bradshaw (otherwise known as Einstein):
"the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."

1 comment: